2017 Contest Registration
*** Closing date extended to April 30th. ***
Contest Opens January 7, 2017 & Closes April 30, 2017
Welcome! We hope you find this entry form easy and simple to use. Once you’ve completed the form, you will have the option of paying the entry fee by PayPal or by sending a check (RWA-OCC/EVA/LARA/SD members $25 – All other RWA members $35). Your entry form is not complete without your payment being received and your payment must be received before the contest closes April 30, 2017 at midnight Pacific Time. If a payment is received after that time, it will be disqualified.
Your entry must follow the formatting as outlined below:
ALL entries are electronic, and manuscript entries must be submitted as an attachment to the entry form. Manuscript entries (in addition to the online entry form and payment) shall consist of:
- ONE document (.RTF) that is a maximum of 35 pages, which includes the first chapters of the manuscript followed by a synopsis.
- The combination can be 25 pages of manuscript and 10 pages of synopsis, or 30 pages of manuscript and 5 pages of synopsis, or any combination of manuscript and synopsis pages that does not exceed 35 pages in total. The manuscript will be disqualified if it exceeds 35 pages.
Entries must be formatted as follows:
- A readable document in .RTF format
- Double-spaced (including synopsis) – no extra spacing between paragraphs
- Readable 12-pt font such as Bookman, Courier New, Arial, Times New Roman
- One-inch margins on top, bottom and both sides
- Unjustified right margins
- Header with manuscript title on left, category and page number on right
- Do not put your name on your manuscript! If your name appears on the manuscript it will be disqualified.
Complete the form below, attach your entry and click on the submit button. You will get a message after the submit button that states, “Your responses were successfully submitted. Thank you!” If that message doesn’t appear, then your form was not submitted.
For more information, please visit ORC Rules & Guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the conference committee at email@example.com.
CONTEST ENTRY FORM AVAILABLE HERE:
Note: When using the PayPal button below, use the form drop-down to indicate whether you qualify for the reduced entry fee offered to local chapter members.
If paying by check, please mail to:
OCC Romance Writers of America
Attn: Orange Rose Contest
PO Box 3097
Tustin, CA 92781-9998