2017 CONTEST ENTRY RULES
- The contest is open to all Romance Writers of America® members who are in good standing with RWA National with current membership paid. The BBB Contest is accepting e-published and self-published entries.
- Entries may be novel-length or novella-length. Novel-length will have 40,000-word minimum, novellas will have between 15,000 and 40,000 words. All novellas will be entered in the Novella category regardless of genre.
- The first copyright date must be 2016 between January and December regardless of the method of publication, first electronic publishing date between January and December 2016, or the first North American release date between January and December 2016.
- Entries must be postmarked/time-stamped by April 15, 2017. Contest limit: 150 entries.
- The Contest Committee reserves the right to add or drop categories depending on the number of entries received. Any category receiving less than five (5) entries will be transferred to another category from the one in which the author originally entered.
- Finalists in each category will be the three (3) highest scorers. Finalists will be announced on July 8, 2017 at OCC/RWA’s monthly meeting.
- The highest scoring entry in each category will advance to the final round to be judged for the “Top Pick.”
- Winners of each category and the “Top Pick” will be announced on October 14, 2017 at OCC/RWA’s Birthday Bash.
- Finalists and Winners will receive certificates or plaques, lapel pins and BBB logo image file for authors’ website.
- Finalists and Winners will be announced in a full-page advertisement in the December 2017 or January 2018 Romance Writers Report and on the OCC/RWA website.
- Author to mail entry fee(s) or copy of PayPal receipt, completed entry form(s) printed from either the on-line or PDF entry form and five (5) autographed copies of each book entered. Books will not be returned. E-published books must be submitted in book format, printed and bound, or in PDF readable format. Only E-published books may be submitted in PDF readable format. It is the author’s responsibility to check that PDF file can be opened and read. Entries that come with unreadable PDF files will be disqualified. No ARCs will be accepted. It is also the author’s responsibility to select the category for their entry.
**Email PDF’s and the required documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org**
- Entry fee is $30 for each entry. The non-refundable entry fee may be paid by PayPal through chapter’s website.
- An optional self-addressed stamped postcard may be included for Contest Committee to mail and confirm receipt of your entry.
- Send entry form, including check, money order or PayPal receipt, and books to:
BBB Contest Coordinators
c/o Nikki Prince
P.O. Box 20821
Riverside, CA 92516
All questions should be directed to Contest Coordinator at email@example.com